Shayne Ward's 'That's My Goal' holds the record as the fastest moving of any X Factor singles, outselling first week sales of Brookstein, Leon Jackson and Little Mix put together. Ward shifted 742,180 copies in 2005 to Little Mix's sales of just 210,000 in the past seven days (mind you, the single still outsold the entire Top 5 combined).
Of the eight X Factor winners since the show began, Little Mix place seventh in terms of first week sales, while this year's final also suffered a 25% decrease in television viewers. 13m people tuned in to the December 11 final, compared to 17.2m who watched singer/co-songwriter Matt Cardle win the previous year.
The Guardian have kindly compiled a list which we've copied and pasted for your factual amusement below.
1. Shayne Ward – That's My Goal 742,180 (2005)
2. Alexandra Burke – Hallelujah 576,046 (2008)
3. Leona Lewis – A Moment Like This 571,253 (2006)
4. Joe McElderry – The Climb 450,838 (2009)
5. Matt Cardle – When We Collide 439,007 (2010)
6. Leon Jackson – When You Believe 275,742 (2007)
7. Little Mix – Cannonball 210,000 (2011)
8. Steve Brookstein – Against All Odds 127,701 (2004)