In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- The Weeknd and Daft Punk have released the week's best song, but they released it yesterday which means they are ineligible for Song Of The Week status. As ever, we appeal for the pop community to respect the rules of New Music Friday.
- Skott's excellent 'Amelia' has also missed out on Song Of The Week, and for the same reason.
- Fucking hell, tropical house is back with a vengeance this week. There are covers of 'Return Of The Mack' and 'No Diggity', while there's a distinct whiff of pineapple in Julian Perretta's 'Karma' and Ricky Martin's 'Vente Pa' Ca'.
- The Justin Timberlake and Gwen Stefani Trolls song is a will-this-do boreathon of epic proportions, and a waste of everybody's time.
- To give you an idea of just how bad this week's New Music Friday is, near the bottom of the playlist you'll find Passenger and Birdy on the same song.
- Try harder next week, please, recording artists.
We didn't include 'Green Day', apols.