In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify ie the Christina song's not there because it's only on Apple Music which is great for music fans:
- The new OneRepublic (Ryan Tedder) song is a sweeping pensivebanger with two choruses, and you can't go wrong with a bit of that.
- Very promising and very talented Australian singer songwriter Noella Nix has dropped a spooky synth wobbler.
- NYC man singer Stanaj (Twitter bio: "I Make Music For The Masses") is responsible for a high quality ballad. "Every time we kiss it gets better every time" is a bit of a clunky lyric and there's a "cut it with a knife" line but all in all it's a big thumbs up to this.
- If you liked Dragonette's recent 'Lonely Heart' you're in luck: Miss Li's 'Bonfire' works on almost identical lines and is about going bonkers at night.
- The 5SOS-endorsed Hey Violet have a song called 'Pure' which is probably their best tune so far, so well done to everyone involved.
- Adam Lambert, one of the planet's Top 100 popstars, has done a song with Tritonal!
- The Danny L Harle and Carly Rae Jepsen single 'Supernatural', whose title we revealed in a subtle and annoying way back in March, is finally properly out today. There's a good song in there somewhere.
- Madeon's done a song with noteworthy namestealer Porter Robinson.
- Look there's some other good stuff out this week but let's get right to the bottom of the playlist, which is where you'll find a piano house version of Charles & Eddie's 90s hit 'Would I Lie To You?' and a tropical house version of Paul Simon's 80s hit 'You Can Call Me Al'. It's the latter that really offends: a trop-pop rework of 'You Can Call Me All' should have been absolutely shitmazing, but the half-arsed version before us today is just shit.
- You'll also see WSTRN near the bottom of the playlist. Their last single didn't really take off so they've released their hit again with a different title.
We didn't include 'The Courteeners', apols.