In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- 'Under You', the styleish Nick Jonas song we got quite excited about last year / last month, has finally arrived.
- The "we don't have to wait all night" bit in The Veronicas' single is absolutely incredible, as are various other portions of the song.
- As you might expect, the song Lorde did for Broods is excellent.
- Kylie's covered 'This Wheel's On Fire' for the Absolutely Fabulous soundtrack. Unusually this release is listed under just 'Kylie' on Spotify, underlining her status as a primary pop personality.
- Remember Dotter from ages ago? Dotter with the really amazing song? She's back! She's got another amazing song!
- The G‑Eazy and Jeremih song off the Ghostbusters soundtrack is good, and it includes the phrase "who you gonna call", which is good work all round.
- Swedish [EDIT: He's from Finland — apologies Europe, don't worry, you'll be shot of us soon] dance music person Alex Mattson's single is really good. There's a lady singing on it. Don't know who it is, sorry.
- Hayley off Paramore turns up on a new version of CHVRCHES' 'Bury It'. We think it's reasonable to say her presence doesn't result in a fundamentally different listening experience.
- Nelly Furtado's strange 'Feels So Close' cover is now streamable. It's not really essential is it, let's be honest.
- Bob Marley's estate clearly didn't get The Memo about tropical house. Disappointing.
We didn't include 'The Stone Roses', apols.