In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- You'll find a number of excellent artists working to about 78% of their abilities.
- Laleh is not one of those artists.
- Emeli Sandé is not one of those artists.
- JP Cooper, who did the singing bits on 'Perfect Strangers', has got a song called 'September Song'. It's September! It's interesting isn't it that JP Cooper's new song sounds more like 'Perfect Strangers' than any of his previous releases. Almost as if he got one sniff of a hit and cheerily jettisoned his sonic personality. Champagne all round!
- Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake have coved 'True Colors', which is a shame.
- Aloe Blacc has covered 'Billie Jean', which is a racket.
- KSI has covered 'Jump Around', which is as bad as you'd expect.
We didn't include 'The Lumineers', apols.
Subscribe to Popjustice's rotating New Music Friday Spotify playlist here