In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- The pleasingly strong Ariana album's out today, even though most of it's already been out. 'Touch It' is one of our favourite tracks.
- With 'Couldn't Believe' Broods give the distinct impression that they're going through the motions until a huge chorus storms into view and the song — as well as life itself — makes a lot more sense.
- Sigma and Take That have recorded the most Tory dance track of the decade.
- Tegan & Sara underwhelm.
- Martin Solveig and Tkay Maidza underwhelm.
- M.O do their best.
- Craig David doesn't do his best.
- Phoebe Ryan follows the disappointing 'Chronic' with the underwhelming 'Boyz n Poizn'. In some ways it's a relief that we can finally take someone off our unmanageably large Promising New Solo Female Singers spreadsheet, but it's still a bit sad. Let's see what the next single's like.
We didn't include 'Kula Shaker', apols.