So we went to this Matt Willis thing yesterday afternoon. It was frankly 'a bit fucking weird' because it was one of those performance / rehearsal / showcase things where there were eight journalists standing there not really saying anything.
The picture on the right is not from yesterday, because we forgot to take any, but you get the general idea. He was wearing a hat yesterday if that helps.
Matt did some songs and sweated a lot and finished on a ballad. His solo material really is great, but you already know that because it's all over the web and you've downloaded it already.
After the sort-of-gig we went to a pub around the corner and had some booze and some food. Here are some things that happened.
1. Matt had steak. It didn't look very substantial but he seemed to like it.
2. We had pancakes with butternut squash inside them and mushroom sauce over the top, thus completely thrashing Matt in the 'Best Dinner' stakes.
3. Matt said he'd been on Popjustice recently and was very excited by the idea of the girlgroup Stiletto. He became rather less excited when we told him they were basically one of the girls out of The 411 and some others.
4. Matt is jealous of our new phone.
5. Member's of Matt's band are not feeling Lorraine at all and informed us that they were "shit", to which we responded "no they're not", and that sort of went backwards and forwards for a while until Matt steered things back onto safe territory by bringing up The Feeling.
As you can see the whole afternoon was a rollercoaster of emotions. Unfortunately we had to leave early in order to attend the Beyond showcase in town, so we don't know how the evening panned out.
This really is award-winning journalism, is it not?