Song of the week:
Hailee Steinfeld ‘x’ BloodPop® – Capital Letters
Hailee’s best song since the Haiz EP and BloodPop®’s best song since his last one but the big news is that you should check out Popjustice’s ‘Fifty Shades Freed (Original Soundtrack)’ playlist on Spotify. It is a playlist invented purely to trick, confuse, annoy and finally upset anybody searching for the actual soundtrack, which isn’t out until next month.
Additional notes on this week’s efforts:
- Obviously the Troye Sivan single would have been Song Of The Week had he not violated the golden rule of New Music Friday.
- Stefflon Don‘s Hurtin’ Me remix comes at a slightly strange time but if she’s going to whack out a new version of the song to boost streaming numbers we should all just be grateful it’s not an ‘acoustic version’.
- Hayley Kiyoko‘s Curious is immense and that’s all there is to it.
- The new Amanda Delara song’s great — she had that really good track Dirhamz last year too.
- Camila Cabello‘s album is out today; She Loves Control is the best of the new stuff.