The salient points
- According to 'legend', the story of Saint Etienne started in the late-60s, when toddlers Bob Stanley and Pete Wiggs' buggies clashed at their local butcher's shop.
- They are one of those bands that come from a bit of an indie place but have a 'firmly pop aesthetic', which usually translates to their records not selling that well despite being amazing.
- See for example this, this, and this.
- They also had a hit as Cola Boy called '7 Ways To Love'. Bob Stanley explains that they used a psuedonym because the single was "way too cheesy. We would have been finished overnight."
- On their 2012 album 'Words and Music by Saint Etienne', they worked with Richard X, Tim Powell and Xenomania. This is wonderful.
Big Songs involving saint etienne
Interviews & Features
From The Briefing