Just a fortnight ago The Observer ran a piece on the Ten Best Bridges but it is now time for the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales to be booted off the countdown because there's a new brilliant bridge in town and [THIS INTRO ISN'T WORKING OUT AS WELL AS EXPECTED BUT STICK WITH IT] it is 'Bridges' by a new duo called BROODS.
Little is known about this mysterious duo (and by this we mean there isn't much about them on the internet for us to copy and paste), but Dan from The Line Of Best Fit suggested we check them out after we tweeted, earlier today, about how great Say Lou Lou are.
The facts are basically this:
1. They don't really sound like Say Lou Lou but if you like Say Lou Lou and other people like Lorde and Annie and Hurts you will probably really like them.
2. Their names are Georgia Nott and Caleb Nott so they are either brother and sister or father and daughter, probably the former.
3. They're from Auckland, which as you well know is in New Zealand.
4. They look quite nice OH COME ON DON'T TELL US YOU WEREN'T THINKING THE SAME THING.
5. 'Bridges' is really really brilliant downbeat electronic swooshpop and we love it.
Incidentally the song's available as an extremely high quality wav file over on their SoundCloud page so that's nice isn't it.