The artist ‘took to Twitter’ last night to criticise those he has worked with during the Frankmusik glory days, complaining that he is “not getting paid a dime” for his ‘discovery’ of Ellie Goulding and remarking that he has “played by their rules this whole time. But I have had enough bs”.
BS stands for bullshit, in case you are wondering.
1. Don't get a manger who is friendly with a record label. They would rather look after their interest with the label than with you.
2. Don't get a music lawyer. Music lawyers work in the music industry therefor want to keep their own position sweet.
3. Buy a Mac book.
4. Learn any of the following: abelton live, logic pro or reason.
5. Get a sound cloud and start get a live act together. Work a bit of your town then reach out wider
6. Don't make friends. They are not your friends. It's not a Justice song.
7. Always make the music you like and take criticism from those you respect.
8. Sadly having talent won't get you far in the music industry. It's a great word used to oil stupidity.
9. Don't ever work with a label and not work with them. They have to validate their existence and their salary.
10. Don't be foolish.
You can read Vincent Did It's full rant here.