Famously restrained 'spitter of verse' Azealia Banks has delayed the release of 'Esta Noche' because of some sort of disagreement with Munchi, a producer whose beat is sampled on the song. Apparently, Azealia didn't ask for permission from the Munchster before using it, you see.
Naturally, the 'negotiations' took place via the medium of Twitter.
Here's a round-up of the 'feud':
- On Monday, Azealia announced the release of 'Esta Noche' on Instagram.
- Munchi then set up a twitter account and said: "tell your camp the deal is off I don't want your fucking $25.000. Fuck off. Go be a puppet bitch to someone else." WooOOOooo!
- It transpired that Munchi thinks that Azealia is a member of the Illuminati.
- Azealia then said "YOU'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN $25K IN ONE PLACE !!" To be fair, most people haven't unless they are eg Scrooge McDuck.
- Then Munchi put out a 'statement' explaining the whole sorry mess and his musings on, wait for it, the state of the music industry.
- Diplo helpfully commented, "they are crazy!! thats why i love em both".
'Esta Noche' continues to be, and for three months has been, available on Azealia's mixtape Fantastea, so you sort of wonder what all the fuss was about don't you.
She's also just stuck a video for 'Luxury' online. She dances about a bit.