In January we opened the Brits voting, and by 'the Brits voting' we mean we allowed you to vote for your favourite shortlisted acts and releases in each of the Brits categories.
(This is significant because Actual People aren't allowed to vote in the 'major' Brits categories — just the ones the organisers think aren't important, and obviously those categories usually end up boiling down to which act has the most engaged fanbase in social media.)
Anyway here's how you voted.
SPOILER: It's bad news for 'Father John Misty'.
- British Female Solo Artist: Adele
- British Male Solo Artist: Calvin Harris
- British Group: Years & Years
- British Breakthrough Act: Years & Years
- British Album Of The Year: Florence + The Machine — 'How Big How Blue How Beautiful'
- British Producer Of The Year: Mark Ronson
- British Single: Little Mix — 'Black Magic'
- British Artist Video Of The Year: Years & Years — 'King'
- International Solo Male Artist: Drake
- International Female Solo Artist: Lana Del Rey
- International Group: Major Lazer
So there you go. Democracy in action.