In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify in the last day or so:
- Tegan & Sara return with not one but TWO new songs, both of which further underline Tegan & Sara's total amazingness.
- With new single 'Reminds Me' Noonie Bao continues to be a total class act.
- RICK ASTLEY'S BACK!
- DR ALBAN'S BACK!!
- ENYA'S BACK!!!
- Disney person (and Hollywood Records 'signee') Sofia Carson does something totally absurd but also quite brilliant with Opus' 80s banger 'Life Is Life'.
- Erik Hassle: WHAT A MAN.
(Someone on Twitter pointed out yesterday that his new song was originally for Usher and is co-written by Missy and Timbaland!)EDIT: Yes, yes, obviously it interpolates this.
- Highasakite's 'Golden Ticket' is a Wonkatastic synthy sadbanger.
- will.i.am's back in 'make a good song' mode. Enjoy it while it lasts!
- Everything from the All Saints album is far better than anyone would ever have expected 2016 All Saints to be. 'Ratchet Behaviour' is quite fun.
- There's a Dr Luke-produced song out this week by an artist who's presumably in the position of being able to work with other people if she wants. We're not really sure how best to approach Dr Luke productions moving forward, but fortunately this particular song is pretty mediocre so it was an easy decision not to include it in our New Music Friday playlist.
- Isac Elliot has done a decent job of making a Justin Bieber song.
- Sigala's new single, with Nile Rodgers and John Newman, has very few redeeming features and sounds like 76% of all songs on Spotify.
- Having said that, the most generic song of the week is KINGDM and Kevin Garrett's 'Baby', which sounds like 78% of everything else on Spotify, pulling off the feat of being completely inessential without being totally terrible.
We didn't include 'Tom Odell', apols.
Subscribe to Popjustice's rotating New Music Friday Spotify playlist here