In this week’s new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- Naughty Boy‘s roped in Kyla (very smart) and Popcaan for a big dancehall-influenced release. (Is this song a cover? We’re sure we’ve heard it somewhere before.)
- Sean Paul, meanwhile, has roped in Dua Lipa for his own release. You could do a pretty good conga to this one and it’s great to have these two elusive vocalists back in New Music Friday.
- ‘No More Sad Songs’ is Little Mix going tropical and that is absolutely fine.
- Jess Kent‘s EP is really amazing, but ‘Bass So Low’ references Girls Aloud’s ‘Sound Of The Underground’, as all songs should, so that has to be today’s favourite. Basically the entire EP’s great.
- MOTO BOY IS BACK.
- Do you ever wonder to yourself, in your darkest moments, whether DNCE should have just left it at ‘Cake By The Ocean’?
We didn’t include any ‘Metallica’, apols.