In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- The great thing about this week's best song featuring Tinashe is that we didn't have to cut out a new Tinashe head for this week's graphic. We just kept last week's, moved it to one side and whacked in Enrique. For that reason this post has been published two minutes earlier than planned.
- We'll be honest, this week's pile of new releases is incredible underwhelming, best illustrated by the fact that the Major Lazer, Justin Bieber and MØ single is merely 'fine'.
- Cher Lloyd and Sophie Ellis-Bextor are back, for what it's worth.
- In fact the most interesting songs are at the bottom of this week's playlist — the place we reserve for rubbish that's worth a listen. It's there you'll find Wretch 32 going tropical (OF COURSE), Pitbull, Flo Rida and Lunchmoney Lewis riding into town on one song like the three horsemen of the pop apocalypse, the Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez song getting a tropical remix (OF COURSE), AG Cook's rather miserable 'Superstar', and — we really have saved the best (worst) until last here — the latest effort from Roomie and Pewdiepie which is called 'Brofist'. 'BROFIST'.
- Try harder next week please, popstars.
We didn't include Noel Gallagher's 'D'You Know What I Mean?' remix, apols.