In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- Allie X's 'Too Much To Dream' just about gets Song Of The Week, mainly for the "singing 'til I'm screaming, dancing 'til I'm bleeding" bit. She's also launched a strange but amazing 'COLLXTION II' playlist thing in which her new EP will be gradually unveiled, or something.
- MNEK's fantastically parenthesised 'At Night (I Think About You)' sounds — as they say — 'like a hit'. (He's also worked on the brilliant new MØ single, also out today.)
- We've quite liked some of Dive In's stuff recently and their new single is very lovely.
- Paperwhite continue to be amazing.
- Song inventing force of nature Julia Michaels pops up on a Kygo song.
- Amusing bucket-wearer Marshmello's new song is entertaining in a 'this is a bit much for a Friday morning but give it twelve hours' sort of way.
- Reggie N Bollie's single begins with the includes the phrases "I've got the Netflix, do you want to chill" and "I've got the hotline, can you make it bling". It's all going quite well until it gets to the chorus, whose lyrics and melody appear to have been written by a six-year-old.
We didn't include 'The Stone Roses', apols.