In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify, you'll find that April 1 is not exactly a classic New Music Friday. But you'll also find:
- The new Galantis song sounds like various other Galantis songs, ie very pleasant although does this mean 'Firebird' won't be a single because if so that is a very poor show.
- Pet Shop Boys' album is out today — 'Burn' and 'Undertow' are the two Italobangers you need to know about.
- That new Broods track that's great even if it doesn't do quite what you want it to do in the chorus is STREAMABLE TODAY.
- The Lola O's follow-up to last year's fairly good 'Jolly' is called 'Rising Sun' and it's great.
- The wobbly bobbly Bad W0lfy song we talked about yesterday makes it onto the New Music Friday playlist even though it came out yesterday.
- In the world of endless topline writers throwing endless songs at endless tropical instrumentals until someone at a record label says yes, the Kygo single's a bit of a disappointment but the Tom & Hills / Jared Lee song 'Energy In Magic' is a decent enough stand-in, and has a great chorus where Jared goes "TELL TELL TELL ME! CAN! YOU! FEEL ENERGY IN MAGIC". (The Michael Cassette and Unterberg mixes are really good.)
- Tell you what, the Jason Derulo song is proper shit.
We didn't include new music from 'Weezer', apols.