The Song Of The Week is Motivation by Normani.
Last time I checked the spreadsheet I noted that pop was overdue a new hero and here she is, with a little help from Ariana, Max, Ilya and Savan. The video is excellent about 37 different ways and constitutes what I reckon has to be 2019's definitive Supersar-Has-Landed moment.
- The Charli and Sky single is a swooping slab of melectrodrama that with any luck will establish this pairing as the new Pitbull & J.Lo. One song a summer, every summer: ideal.
- MUNA have billed their new song as a "trauma banger", which is five levels above a sadbanger on the gloomometer. "Trauma never sounded so good!!!" is the sort of thing people say in reviews isn't it?
- Swedish semi-superstar Vera Hotsauce (NOT HER REAL NAME) is really shaping up to be something special and One Time is an XCesque is a great step forward from the Red Pill EP, which came out earlier this year.
- Navvy is also sad on My Love, the key song on her new EP which is called — and she's not leaving any room for ambiguity here — The Breakup.
- For the avoidance of doubt, because I know a lot of you listen to playlists on shuffle, the new Darkness single is VERY MUCH THE BOTTOM SONG THIS WEEK.