Song of the week:
Lilly Ahlberg — Bad Boys
Well it's nice to start off the year with a new Swedish popstar and Lilly Ahlberg is just that, except she also spent her younger years in Australia, Norway and the UK, and was born in Italy, so there's a lot to take into account. Stylish subtlebanger Bad Boys is pitched halfway between Tove and Zara, which leads us to Tora, which in turn is Japanese for 'tiger'. We rest our case. There's plenty more coming from Lilly during 2018 so you could say that Bad Boys really is
oh God it's coming
just the tip
don't do this
Additional notes on this week's musical releases:
- Production on the new Justin Timberlake single is great unless you imagine Jamiroquai releasing it and obviously it's incredibly reassuring to know that Justin remains a firm fan of sexual intercourse. Filthy seems to be a song about an orgy, which is a bit much for January but don't forget popstars work to a very different calendar to the rest of us. In popstar world January is very frequently known as SEX MONTH.
- Speaking of banging, there is a hilariously awful rework of I Wanna Sex You Up knocking around near the bottom of this week's playlist. Lines like "we can do it 'til we both wake up" and "makin' love until we drown" really don't make any more sense in 2017 than they did in 1991.
- Also, don't worry everyone, cupcakKe's got it all sorted out. "Boy on boy, girl on girl, like who the fuck you like, fuck the world."
- Is Q1 the new Q4? Along with new Justin there's new music this week from Bruno and Cardi, Lana Del Rey (with Børns), Kendrick and SZA, and Rita and Liam.
- If you play the Superorganism track using the Spotify app on your phone a video thing comes up and it's all quite exciting really, well done to whoever pushed that one through over the Christmas period.