- Hayley Kiyoko's I Wish, probably although not definitely this week's best new song, is a superstar pop moment 'and no mistaking'.
- Charlotte Lawrence takes a step up and slightly to the side, into Eilishish territory, with Why Do You Love Me. The shift suits her; the song has an impressive team behind it, including Ali Tamposi, Ryan Tedder, Andrew Watt and Charlie 'You Can't Handle The' Puth.
- Bishop Briggs also comes into focus this week with the Joel Little-produced Champion.
- Sam Smith Has Experienced Sadness.
- chloe mk's new single opens with quite a line: "I miss David Bowie, I miss Prince, I miss the way it used to feel when we were kids."