Notes on this week's new releases:
- I think we can all agree Harry Styles is working a lot better now he's decided he's not going to get on the cover of MOJO, and of course his pivot to music that sounds like it's from the last six years means he loses some of his interestingness but a) he's still fully committed to interesting trousers and b) Adore You finds him moving slightly closer to what he should have been doing all along, ie songs that sound like The 1975's Somebody Else.
- Elsewhere this week Bodin's Somebody sounds… Like The 1975's Somebody Else.
- The Rouxnaissance continues with Gullible Fool which is, and there are no two ways about this, amazing.
- Franky Wah's collaboration with podcaster Jessie Ware is pretty promising — perhaps 2020 will find Jessie hanging up the pop filter and launching a pop career?
- Becky Hill has covered Yazoo's Only You. Her version is better than the Enrique Iglesias version and not as good as the Yazoo version, which is To Be Expected.
- Abisha's latest is GREAT.
- Yes that's right, the new Chainsmokers and Amy Shark song is quite good!
- The Taylor Swift Christmas song tries to push all the right buttons, but it's wearing mittens so pushes some wrong ones instead.