There is an incredible lack of accountability in the music business and it is time for things to change. From what we can gather it is quite acceptable to expect that if you complain about something people have to quit their jobs over it and for this reason, all day today on Popjustice it is Mobjustice Friday.
On the hour, every hour, we will complain about something that doesn't quite suit our tastes, call for somebody to resign over it, and see what happens.
You can get involved too. If you would like to take offence over something fairly inconsequential and blow it out of all proportion, you can register your disgust on our special Mobjustice Forum, or email us on [email protected] . If you're emailing, please put the the '…gate' your complaint concerns (eg 'Madonna album being rubbishgate') in the subject line, and in your message explain:
1. What you are offended by
2. Why you are personally offended
3. Who you expect to apologise
4. Who should lose their job
To start things off, we don't think the new Take That single is quite as good as it could be. It's fine, but it's just not a 'Patience' or a 'Rule The World'.
1. We are offended by the Take That single being alright but not exactly a 10/10 belter.
2. We think shows a lack of respect to elderly music fans who should be able to listen to the radio without hearing substandard Gary Barlow compositions.
3. We expect a full apology from Gary Barlow.
4. Howard Donald should be suspended on no pay, and Lucian Grainge to resign.