Sort of. But it's all there is so far in terms of 'visual accompaniment' to the amazing comeback of Betty Boo.
Now, we'll be honest with you. We were a bit worried about the whole 'Betty Boo comeback' thing when the topic first came up on the Popjustice forums last April.
We thought this would happen:
Alison Clarkson: "I'm back!"
Everyone: "Amazing! Betty Boo is back!"
Alison Clarkson: "No she isn't!"
Everyone: "OMG what do you mean, this is confusing etc."
Alison Clarkson: "Well you see I used to be Betty Boo but now I am old 'n' sensible so I will not be going by that name any more. Instead I will be Alison Clarkson, sensible singersongwriter. Look at my new acoustic guitar!"
The reality, as it turns out, is rather different. And so we present…
WIGWAM: THE KNOWN FACTS
1. 'WigWam' is the first single, hence the name, etc etc, and it is out on March 6. That's a Monday.
2. It is 3'54" of completely ridiculous modern pop music whose chorus goes "checkin' out my wigam, wigman, wigman, checkin' out my boo, boo, boo". It is very danceable and just totally brilliant.
3. The song is produced by The Beatmasters. You really can't go wrong with a Beatmasters production credit, can you?
4. Other WigWam songs include the Really Quite Sensational 'Rock Me Non-Stop' and an epic Betty Boo classic called, er, 'Rock-A-Doodle-Doo'. If its name doesn't change to 'Rock-A-Doodle-Boo' we will not be happy.
5. The lady in WigWam will not be Alison Clarkson, she will be Betty Boo — and you are through.
6. And there's nothing you can do.
7. In terms of division of labour, Betty Boo is doing all the singing stuff and Alex James (yes! He's making good records again!) is playing bass and guitar. Boo 2 really would have been the ideal name for this combo, wouldn't it, viewers?
8. No live dates planned yet — BOOO! (quite literally) — but the band are currently having a little think about how best to tackle the whole 'gig' thing. (Why not send us your ideas and we'll pass them on?)
So there you have it. There is no more serious of issue.
You know, what with this and 'the whole Take That thing', now all we need is for Tony Mortimer to come back.
Christ on a bike: www.tonymortimerofficial.com…