When we heard that SoundGirl had split up our first thoughts were of Nicole from the band.
She was 15 when we first interviewed her — she's 16 now, time fans.
The harsh realities of the music industry are hard to avoid then someone that young has already been dropped and gone through a band break-up. After all, what would you do if your career was already over while most of your mates were waiting for their GCSE results?
Here's what Nicole did.
1. Decided her career wasn't over at all.
2. Decided to be called Little Nikki.
3. Decided to be REALLY VERY GOOD.
4. Decided to put online a video for a song called 'Intro Intro' (a Big Song earlier this week) which explodes with the sort of star quality that was for some reason held back during the SoundGirl glory years, is 'a little bit' Rihanna-meets-Azealia, and is great in about 40 different ways.
5. Also decided to put online a video of Mutyatastic song 'Good Girl' then let Popjustice show it to the world.
6. ALSO decided that Popjustice should be allowed to give the world 'Intro Intro' as an MP3 for precisely zero pence just by clicking this link:
We could go on. Basically, there's a lot of amazingness going on here. She's still unsigned but that state of affairs can't last long, surely?