The other day we were talking about pop moments that were simultaneously shit and amazing and — with considerable emphasis on the shit, but no small quantity of amazing thrown in — meet 20-year-old Eva, and her song 'Not My Daddy'.
If you're a fan of unimaginatively-lyriced, fantastically over-processed euphoric euroviaLApop with a slightly unsavoury edge 'Not My Daddy' should be right up your street. The song — co-written by Ke$ha, although we're sure when or under what circumstances — is clearly 68% awful but the other 32% is really quite spectacular.
It reminds us a bit of this priceless pop moment from 2001.[youtube]63h6GuUqROw[/youtube] Now that's how you do a post-chorus.
Eva's also, apparently (and we really are just copying this off the press release now) been working with Scott Storch, Lupe Fiasco and Snoop Dogg, so she's either very good or very well funded.
THE STYLING IS AWFUL.
More Eva, again copied and pasted off the PR email hence not being hyperlinked: