This is Stiletto. The popjury is out on whether this is an AMAZING name or a TERRIBLE name. Stiletto are currently trying to create an 'online buzz', which seems so far to have amounted to setting up a MySpace page and posting stuff on the Popjustice messageboard.
They also have a site at www.stilettox.com. The background music sounds quite promising.
Here is some more information about them. 'Back'ground, if you will.
* One of them used to be in Cookie, who were that girlgroup featuring one of the girls who isn't in Girls Aloud, or something.
* No wait! Come back!
* Another of them used to be in another Top 10 girlgroup. We 'can't' say which one because of the abovementioned online so-called buzz, but American readers may know the number to dial for information about the girlgroup in question.
* They are supposed to be Goldfrapp meets Blondie meets Gwen Stefani. This is in and of itself not a particularly bad thing.
* Because they're not just AN Other parade of pop idiots, they will not be performing at under-18s nights, dodgy nitespots, school tours or the like. They will be doing proper gigs with a band. Well, they say that now. Cut to Stiletto being introduced by Richard Fleeshman to 700 beered-up 'clubbers' at Martines nightclub, East Grinstead.
* We hope that by 'with a band' they don't mean 'with a live drummer', because that would just ruin everything.
* They're not going out dressed like that, not while they're living under our roof, oh no, once they leave home they can do whatever they like but as long as they live within these four walls they're not going out virtually naked until all hours and etc etc.
Well that's that. They might turn out to be incredibly dreadful, or they might turn out to be brilliant. All part of the lottery we call pop, eh viewers?
Story posted April 04 2006 :: Link :: Mail to friend :: Email usEmail us :: Discuss