The Feeling have a second album ready to go.
Here are ten essential facts you need to know about that new The Feeling album.
1. Despite the more in this instance is most definitely more approach to 'I Thought It Was Over', the song has managed to convert the few people we know who did not like The Feeling previously to fans of The Feeling and has not made previous fans of The Feeling now hate The Feeling. An all round success and amazing first single from the album.
2. ELO by numbers 'Join With Us' is totally amazing and that is not only due to the alarm clock introduction. Let's have a listen to the sound which wakes Dan Gillespie Sells every morning:
3. Track four is too early for a ballad. 'Spare Me' is not better than 'Rose' either, so we would have shunted this one towards the end of the album BUT WE WERE NOT ASKED SO WE SHALL KEEP OUR NOSES OUT.
4. Track five is probably the right place for the best song on the album, 'Turn It Up' takes all the best bits of every The Feeling single to date ('Rose' not withstanding) including the danceability of 'I Thought It Was Over' and the ten million hooks of 'Never Be Lonely' for what is potentially the biggest and best The Feeling song to date. Even the guitar solo is not shit.
5. 'Won't Go Away' has shades of Sophie Ellis-Bextor's jiggly 'The Only One' except Sophie's song did not have a saxophone solo and was not one of the best on the album, unlike 'Won't Go Away' which is 100% amazing. Why is there not a duet with Sophie Ellis-Bextor on this album? That would be good.
6. Actually, 'Won't Go Away' might be the best on the album, not 'Turn It Up'. We are torn. Lets just say it is a draw.
7. 'Connor' is something about 'a simple gift for every boy and girl' which you might think would be a Nintendo Wii but is instead something much ruder. Apparently this Connor bloke 'showed them all that giving can be fun' — which is quite obviously about sexual shenanigans.
8. Unlike 'Spare Me', track ten is the perfect time for a ballad. One with horns too. And an orchestra. And a harp. Not enough harps in music, same applies to recorders and the triangle.
9. 'The Greatest Show On Earth' is not, as the name might suggest, about Dragons Den. It does not specify which show is in question but it is probably not My Family or The One Show.
10. There is a picture of a rather large dildo on the album sleeve, as you can clearly see…
All things considerd, we give the album a well considered 7.5/10.