The salient points
- Steps were one of the best British pop bands of the 1990s.
- The whole 'idea' was that each song was built around a dance routine, but really the best thing about the whole Steps thing was that the songs were incredible.
- This song was a moderate success.
- Pete Waterman had his poppy little fingerprints all over this one.
- They supported Britney Spears on tour in America once, you know.
- At one point, Steps had 15 top 5 singles in a row.
- They were quite fond of a cover version in their time.
- In 2011 they reformed for a 'comeback' for a Living TV documentary thing, and announced an arena tour for the following year. Miraculously, they sold out the O2 Arena in London.
- In the spring of 2012 they were announced as the headline act at Hit Factory Live, a massive pop event in London's Hyde Park.
Big Songs involving steps
Interviews & Features
From The Briefing