Give a man a BAP and he will learn about pop music news for a day. Teach a man to look on the internet for Bits About Pop and he will put them all into a post together. Food for thought there ladies and gentlemen.
- Jason Derulo has given some advice to Aston from JLS and would be happy to also give him one of his songs if he were to ask for one. (Daily Star Playlist)
- Consistent chart-botherer iamamaiwhoami seems to be back with something called ‘Fountain’. (Official site)
- Political activists Hard-Fi are also back you guys!! (YouTube)
- ‘Peanut Butter’ hitmaker Alison Valentine’s popped a new song called ‘Curious’ on the internet and it’s free to download in exchange for a Facebook ‘Like’. (Soundcloud)
- The Voice lost 900,000 viewers for its second episode but was still watched by 7.5m people, so that’s not too bad is it really. (The Guardian)
- A woman is being sued for failing to get Miley Cyrus to show up to perform at a New Year’s eve ‘gig’ as promised. (Ace Showbiz)
- Also, in other Miley news, designer Roberto Cavalli has ‘unveiled’ some sketches of the outfits he’s created for her Bangerz tour. (Fashionista) BANGERZ.
- Quite good pop label Neon Gold has signed a deal with Atlantic Records. (Billboard)
- Lady Gaga will start shooting a new video “soon”, which is exciting in theory, if not quite as exciting as that news used to be. (Popjustice)
- ‘December Song (I Dreamed of Christmas)’ hitmaker George Michael’s got a boring-sounding live album coming out in March. (Popjustice)
- Here’s a picture of Disclosure hanging out with Mary J Blige and lute enthusiast Sting (and Sam Smith, but he’s always lurking around isn’t he). (Instagram) J Blige also had a singsong on ‘F For You’ as well. (YouTube)
- Reformed wig-wearer and eternal onesie apologist Jessie J’s posted a bit of a new song onto the internet via the medium of Instagram. (Popjustice)
- Example’s new single ‘Kids Again’ is coming out on March 16. (Digital Spy) You can hear a radio rip of it here if that’s your thing.
- Beyoncé might have a bit of a singsong at Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday ‘bash’. (Billboard)
- One event she will definitely be performing at, however, is the Grammys, along with will Mr Knowles. (Popjustice)
- Aha’s Morten Harket has a solo single! (Scandipop)
- NoNoNo’s new single ‘Hungry Eyes’ has been played on the radio in Sweden and now it’s online. (Popjustice)
- Louise ‘Louise Nurding’ Redknapp (!) has put a song called ‘What’s Gonna Go Down’ onto the internet. (YouTube) It’s ‘a bit’ like En Vogue’s ‘Don’t Let Go (Love)’.
- Icona Pop are still in a studio. (Instagram)
- Here’s quite a nice toe-tappable remix of Ellie Goulding’s ‘Goodness Gracious’ by The Chainsmokers. (Popjustice)
- Avicii’s been in the studio of late with Chris Martin and Wyclef. (Us Weekly)
- Ariana Grande’s finally tackled one of the biggest questions in pop music today; why does she always wear her hair in a ponytail? (Popjustice) Answer: her real hair’s been destroyed by over-dyeing :(
And just for old time's sake…[youtube]EDwb9jOVRtU[/youtube]
What a song.