In this week's new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- 'Cool Girl', the new single by globe-straddling, tune-inventing force of pop nature Tove Lo (picture above eating some sort of biscuit), is precisely the sort of thing it'd be good to hear Britney Spears doing these days.
- 'Private Show', the new song by Britney Spears, is not.
- The opening few seconds of Joseph's 'SOS' aren't very promising but STICK WITH IT because the chorus is great.
- Actually the tremendous Exes song 'Like You' would probably make a good Britney track, too.
- As would the XYLØ song.
- Do you know what we wouldn't mind hearing Britney have a go on the Hayley Kiyoko song to be honest.
- The Justin Bieber and DJ Snake song is great because it really pushes both artists forward and absolutely doesn't sound like 95% of everything else release in the last eleven months. (Decent tune though.)
We didn't include 'Dinosaur Jr.', apols.