You will have noticed that yesterday's Song Of The Day and today's Song Of The Day are both from the new St Trinian's soundtrack album. Clearly a new St Trinian's film is about as welcome a prospect as a three-year power cut but the album itself is actually v good.
1. It features three Sarah Harding solo tracks (including a David Bowie cover the less said of which the better).
2. It features various Xenomania 'house band' tracks.
3. There's some other stuff by The Saturdays, Girls Can't Catch, Florence & The Machine 'etc'.
4. It sounds a bit like the first draft of a Girls Aloud album. You'll know what we mean when you give it a proper listen — most of the songs sound like they would benefit from a bit more magic dust — but it's a pretty great soundtrack album, is far better than it really needs to be and is, we imagine, about 100 times better than the film.
5. In a year without a Girls Aloud album it's a better Girls Aloud album than the Cheryl Cole album.
We'll have some more clips up throughout the week. Hurrah.