Song of the week:
Stockholm Noir feat Ofelia — 'Boy Like A Girl'
This one probably needs a bit of a radio edit, ie after about twenty seconds you're thinking "I'm pretty busy today I don't really think I have time for this" but there is actual pop magic woven right into the fabric of this song. There are a few points where it even scales Robyn-level types of amazingness. Stockholm Noir's other stuff is well worth a listen, too.
Wrong of the week:
Vivid Color — 'We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off'
It is June 2017 and this sort of thing is still happening. Can someone please have a word.
- TLC's 'Perfect Girls' is a good companion piece to 'Unpretty' and is far better than anything you'd expect from a fan-funded project.
- The Anna Of The North single is a) good b) worth clicking play on because then the artwork will come up and there's a really good dog on it.
- LANY's album is out today! It's one of those immersive 'body of work' affairs but 'Super Far' is one of the standout tracks.
- Lovra and Tia Scola's 'Homeless' is a relationship-goes-tits-up song with a twist, ie it seems to be saying that the collapse of a relationship is responsible for Tia ending up on the street or something? We actually can't figure out exactly what's going on here.
- Adam Lambert's 'Two Fux' is not what you'd call a classic.
Subscribe to the playlist on Spotify
Subscribe to the playlist on Apple Music