Song of the week:
Powers — ‘Heavy’
It’s a strange week for new releases but we’ve been enjoying this new Powers tune for a few weeks and it’s out today, so here we are. The song basically sounds like No Doubt just before Gwen left.
Wrong of the week:
Meghan Trainor — ‘I’m A Lady’
Meghan’s got a song on the new Smurfs film. It’s not very good and it comes with this artwork.
It’s quite heroic, in a way, isn’t it?
- Ed Sheeran‘s ‘Shape Of You’ still sounds like ‘No Scrubs’.
- “All you girls in here, if you’re feeling thirsty come on take a sip ’cause you know what I’m servin’.” Jason Derulo, there, talking about his own sperm. How much sperm do you think Jason Derulo produces? If he’s inviting ladies-plural to each take a sip he’ll probably need to store it up during the week. Obviously oral sex is all very well but is Jason absolutely sure that three-day-old jizz out of a yoghurt pot is what women want in 2017?
- The Chainsmokers part of the Chainsmokers and Coldplay song isn’t as good as various other Chainsmokers songs. The Coldplay part of the Chainsmokers and Coldplay song isn’t as good as various other Coldplay songs. Meanwhile Chainsmokers get a boost in their quest to be taken seriously and Coldplay find that their relevance to under-24s receives yet another twelve month extension.
- Brayton Bowman‘s got a mixtape out! It’s worth a listen.
- Joe Goddard‘s rework of the Goldfrapp single makes a lot of sense right now but will make 100% more sense in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
- Disappointing news re the Stormzy album: he says that this shit we call life is like Game Of Thrones on Track 16 but includes Raleigh Ritchie on Track 13. Poor planning.