Notes on this week's new releases:
- The new Ella Eyre single is a third-person corker and quite possibly the best Ella Eyre single in the entire history of Ella Eyre singles. It's all about the post-chorus, really. Ella did the track with Pablo from Manchester's The Six, Lostboy and Mark Ralph.
- Josef Salvat released two new songs this week and in order of amazingness they are: 1. In The Afternoon (slightly French version) / 2. Playground Love / 3. In The Afternoon (not French version). Concrete proof that doing a slightly French version of songs is a real 'boon' for the modern popstar.
- Gabrielle Aplin's album is out today!
- Halsey's album is out today!
- This is actually an extremely strong week for new releases: most weeks the NMF playlist sort of tails off a little bit six songs in (don't pretend you haven't noticed, we're all adults here) but there's a lot worth getting to know this week.
- That said the most egregious release, taking the non-prized bottom place on this week's playlist, is Be Free by Kydus which on the plus side samples (or pretends to sample) Belinda Carlisle but on the downside is just a ropey reworking of Live Element's Be Free FROM NINETEEN YEARS AGO.