There is only one event of note in the midweek charts.
Robyn 'With Every Heartbeat'
This single is currently at Number Nine on downloads. It is quite obviously a Number One single, so obviously this is not good enough.
Here are ten reasons why Robyn should be Number One and other songs in the chart should not.
1. Robyn does not eat so many lemons.
2. Robyn has a basic grip on English language and knows the difference between 'am' and 'are'.
3. Robyn has not made a mockery of most of Gloucester being washed away with a song about how to keep the rain off your hair.
4. Robyn has never been in the Black Eyed Peas.
5. The best thing about 'With Every Heartbeat' is Robyn and not a sample of some people playing table tennis.
6. Robyn does not have enormous stinking ginger dreadlocks.
7. Robyn is not in the Hoosiers.
8. Robyn has never ruined, and will never ruin, The Greatest Pop Single of 2007 with a video in a field.
9. Robyn has never crashed the mall, written a song title in text-speak, rhymed the word 'home' with the word 'home' or done a song about dragons.
10. Robyn is not intent on patronising every obese woman in the country while jumping up and down in stupid trousers.
Is that clear? Good.
In other news…
Amerie – 'Gotta Work'
Some you win etc.