The new One Direction single, 'Best Song Ever', has one of the best songtitles ever, or at least since about February.
When you know the title of song but haven't heard it yet, it's always fun to speculate about how the title might fit into the song's lyrics. The band have just put a bit of the song online, buried a couple of minutes into a trailer for their film…
…and the lyric is "we danced all night to the best song ever", but here are five other ways we think the phrase 'Best Song Ever' could feasibly work in a One Direction song.
1. "This is the best song ever. We've literally just made the song of our lives and the song of all your lives too. This is a song so intensely brilliant that it will result in instant seizure and perhaps death for everyone who hears it, but what a way to go."
2. "When you're with me we're like the best song ever. We are music now, we are rhythm now."
3. "The sound my heart makes when I am experiencing intense romantic feelings sounds to me like it's the best song ever."
4. "When I'm reminded of how happy we used to be I remember the song that was playing, which seemed like the best song ever due to the whole 'mise-en-scène', yet now it's all over I look back with a sense of sadness and cannot listen to it because, from the perspective of the broken-hearted, it is in fact the worst song ever. Somebody hold me."
5. "We've just heard 'Walks Like Rihanna'. The game's up, we retire, we've had a decent run of things but we simply can't compete with the genius of The Wanted."
What will ideally happen here is One Direction will record all five of those different songs and combine them with the real 'Best Song Ever', chuck in an acoustic Sheeralike version of each and release the whole lot as 'Best Album Ever'. Christmas deluxe edition: 'Best Present Ever'.
COME ON GUYS THIS IS MARKETING GENIUS.