Taylor Swift's 'Style' might not have been a single in 2014 but it was the song of 2014.
Do you remember life before 'Style'? It's hard to recall exactly how we went about our business before that song appeared. Well let us remind you: life was shit.
And now life is excellent.
Strange to think that the first time most people heard this tune was in a crap commercial. But there it is. Pure art, pure commerce, blah blah blah.
Anyway when 'Style' is released as a single in 2015, we would like the video to be this:
1. Point of view shot. Someone's in bed, they open their laptop and click play on a video.
2. Home video footage of Taylor being happy in a relationship. Frolicking, romantic dinners, that sort of thing. Lots of smiling at / kisses blown to whoever's filming the video. Various footage of Taylor being 'goofy' and 'relatable' but also footage of Taylor arguing over stupid things like whose turn it is to take the bins out.
3. Song ends. "That's a fairly shit video" you think. BUT NO. Cut to reveal the person who's been watching the romantic video…
4. IT'S HARRY STYLES. Actual Harry Styles. Not someone who just looks like Harry Styles. In 2015 Taylor has persuaded Proper Harry Styles to be in the video for a song about Harry Styles.
5. Harry sits there in bed with his laptop looking quite pensive.
6. Camera pulls out — HE'S IN BED NEXT TO TAYLOR SWIFT! They're still together. They never went out of style.
7. Camera pulls out a bit more — HARRY AND TAYLOR ARE IN BED WITH ED SHEERAN!
Send all the awards to the usual address. Cheers!