“Musician, innovator and global entrepreneur” (or so says the press release) will.i.am has finally ‘unveiled’ that car he’s definitely been designing for Lexus. The one we told you about here.
And here it is.
Sorry, here it is.
Basically it’s a silver car, but this being the work of Mr i.am there are some fancy (and probably unnecessary) extra bits, so pay attention:
- There’s an ultra wide body kit featuring brushed ‘aluminum’ (they mean aluminium), carbon vinyl and matte pearl white paintwork.
- This could be the first car to come with an inverse safety feature: four 180° external cameras allow for panoramic pictures to be captured and displayed on a smart phone. (!!!)
- Brace yourself, there’s a custom-built steering wheel and hand embroidered Nappa leather interior which carries the willpower logo.
- Fans of 22-inch alloys will be pleased by this car. The wheels have apparently been given “a highly luminous black machine finish”.
- It’s powered by Lexus’ all-new 2.0l VVT-iW turbo petrol engine and newly developed six-speed automatic BLAH BLAH BLAH
Here’s a quote will gave to someone at Lexus who then popped it on the press release:
“When I found out Lexus wanted me to be involved in the Striking Angles campaign, my first thought was [“HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE”], can I design a car with you? I’m honored [HE MEANS ‘HONOURED’] to be launching my bespoke Lexus NX F SPORT in Paris –this car is super fresh [IT’S A SILVER CAR] and incorporates my personal style [COMES WITH ASYMMETRICAL SUNROOF]. My point of view is the best kind of design will encourage other people to interpret that design.”
There we have it. Well done all.