If you’ve got an amazing idea for something brand-related just get in touch
If you’re into the idea of writing for the site, the following waffle will be useful, so please read the words underneath the ‘Writing for Popjustice’ subhead that will be appearing on your screen shortly.
Writing for Popjustice
Perhaps you have an idea for a one-off blog post, like:
- Look at this interesting thing that’s happening in Mexico’s Top 10 this week
- Taylor Swift did 973 things right in 2013, but she did these twelve things wrong
- I’ve noticed something of interest in Jessie J’s latest video
- I went to see Charli XCX do a pop concert and here are eight entertaining but pertinent observations
Or perhaps you have a good idea for a regular blog, like:
- Top 10s around the world. This week: Mexico
- Popstars who get it mostly right but sometimes wrong. This week: Swifto
- Vidwatch. This week: the new Jessie J one
- Setlist analysis. This week: Charli XCX
Perhaps you’d like to write some news stories, like:
- Don’t panic, The Saturdays are Number One in Mexico
- Taylor Swift’s refused to take a specific stance on Deezer
- Jessie J’s teased her new video with a wordy hashtag and a screengrab that features a trombone
- Charli XCX covered Courtney Love’s ‘Mono’ in London last night
Or perhaps you’d like to do something else.
Send us an email. Tell us about yourself. Stuff you’ve done in the past, stuff you do now.
If you want to write blogs for Popjustice, send us an example of one that could go on the site today. If you want to write news, tell us five stories we should have on the site right now, and write one up for us. While you’re at it, why not tell us about a song we haven’t featured but really should get on the site?
If you’d like to come in for work experience or an internship (we don’t offer these positions very often but you never know), tell us when you’re free and what you’d like to do to make the site better.
Obviously, tell us where we can find you on Twitter or Facebook or wherever else you don’t mind us poking around. And tell us how you’d make this ‘Doing stuff for Popjustice’ page better.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Peter is the Editor of Popjustice and is in fact writing these words at this very moment (hello).
You don’t need to include your CV or anything like that.
When not to get in touch
We get a lot of submissions from people looking to get their work published somewhere – anywhere – in an attempt to beef up their CV. Which is sort of flattering to a degree but, really, their writing is often better suited to DIY or NME or whatever.
Liking Solange, Disclosure and Jessie Ware isn’t really enough. You need to like them plus a load of Saturdays singles. In fact, you need to sort of prefer the Saturdays ones. (Unless your favourite Saturdays single is ‘What About Us’, in which case we need to have A Serious Chat.)
If you don’t know whether you’ll be a good fit for Popjustice, have a quick look at our about page. If you agree with over 50% of it, get in touch.
is that. We look forward to hearing from you!