Let's have a little look.
1. Hercules & Love Affair (CAN SOMEONE SEND US A BETTER PICTURE OF HIM PLEASE IT'S ALL A BIT 'NOIR' AROUND HERE THESE DAYS) finds himself at the top of the pile for being able to make Anthony Hegarty sound like he's having a bit of a laugh and making one of 2008's most fascinating dance/pop/art albums 'to boot'.
2. Even if you disregard their impressive work on that Robyn remix, Ocelot Mthrfckrs' own stuff is amazing in its own right, even if songs about going out and having one too many Vimtos might struggle to make the Radio One playlist.
3. Currently 'wowing' audiences around the country (we will see you 'down the front' at their London gig tomorrow night) (which is to say that we're thinking of going but it's all a bit TBC) are Alphabeat.
4. Hot Chip are probably now very glad they didn't give 'Ready For The Floor' to Kylie for her Top 5 album.
3. Despite initial appearances, Sonny J is not a one hit wonder. Well strictly speaking Sonny J is till a no-hit wonder but the point is that the whole album is very good indeed.
So there you go.