The salient points
- Yelle are French, not that you'd guess.
- (You would guess from a mile off.)
- Yelle is not a solo artist, they are a band, with a woman warbling and some media-shy producers, like La Roux or Goldfrapp.
- Singer Julie Budet (NOT BIDET) and producer GrandMarnier gained recognition when they uploaded a demo version of 'Je Veux Te Voir' to MySpace.
- It proved quite popular and with the help of producer Tepr, they released an album, 'Pop Up', in 2007.
- Speaking of Tepr, this remix is amazing.
- Their follow-up album 'Safari Disco Club' was released in 2011, and featured this two-headed pop monster of a video.
- So far they've been alright but not that good at the end of the day, but they kind of seem like the sort of act who could one day, apropos of nothing, deliver an utter banger.