The salient points
- Shayne Ward narrowly missed out on a place in Phixx when he reached the final thirty of Popstars: The Rivals in 2002.
- Steered by pop svengali Louis Walsh, Shayne beat Journey South and Andy Abraham to win the second series of The X Factor.
- 'That's My Goal' is Shayne's first and only UK Number One. He has had mixed success with his other releases, some being significantly better than others.
- According to Gary Barlow's autobiography, Shayne Ward was once considered as the Johnny Shentall to Jason Orange's Kym Marsh when Orange threatened to leave Take That.
- That would have been horrible and amazing in equal world-ending proportions, wouldn't it?
- After Syco 'reprioritised their roster', Shayne began a stint in West End Show 'Rock Of Ages', with Justin Lee Collins.
- Well done everyone.
Interviews & Features
From The Briefing