The salient points
- MIA is a very serious recording artiste, don't you forget that.
- Her debut album, 'Arular' featured production by on/off boyfriend Diplo, Switch and Richard X.
- This is amazing.
- 2007's 'Kala' featured her first (and, er, only) proper massive hit in the shape of 'Paper Planes'. By this point everyone was taking her very seriously indeed.
- She's been nominated for an Oscar, two Grammys and a Mercury Music prize, which is all well and good but was she district high jump champion? No, exactly.
- In 2010, 'Maya' was released and despite 'XXXO' being amazing, the album itself was a bit of a mess.
- Everyone got in a bid of a 'two and eight' when she flipped the bird at the Superbowl halftime show. But as we know from the 'Bad Girls' video, she don't give a shit.
Big Songs involving M.I.A.
From The Briefing