Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Gary Barlow has announced details for his upcoming new album.

Since I Saw You Last will serve as the Take That singer's first full studio album since 1999's Twelve Months, Eleven Days, and will be released on November 25.

'Let Me Go' will be the first single lifted from the album, to be released the week before on November 17 through Polydor Records.

The single is described as an acoustic guitar-driven song with a catchy chorus. The video was directed by his 'Sing' collaborator Ben Winston in New York City.

Sir Elton John will feature on the track 'Face To Face' on the LP, which was recorded at his own Future Studios and producer Steve Power's TOP Studios, with string arrangements recorded at Abbey Road Studios.

Gary Barlow will support the album with a UK tour taking place in April 2014.

The tracklisting is as follows:

1. Requiem
    2. Let Me Go
    3. Jump
    4. Face To Face (with Elton John)
    5. God
    6. Small Town Girls
    7. 6th Avenue
    8. We Like To Love
    9. Since I Saw you Last
    10. This House
    11. Dying Inside
    12. More Than Life
    13. Mr Everything
    14. Actress
    15. The Song I'll Never Write
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...t-details.html

I'm really happy about this news. His solo material is so underrated. Hope he gets a lot of success this time around.
    Last edited by iamstrong; November 15, 2013 at 01:12.

In time for an X Factor performance, of course.

I just realized this will be released on the exact same day as One Direction's new album

This will be quite an interesting chart battle indeed.

Originally Posted by Flockheart View Post
    In time for an X Factor performance, of course.
    How else is it going to sell?

Forever Love was amazing .. everything else...not so much to be fair. The second album was gash!!
    Could you be a little less?

Collaboration with Scherzy please!

His albums are extremely dull. Too worthy. There is no depth or colour or wit...which is why Robbie's material remains superior. However, Gary's work with Take That is much better. I've never understood why he couldn't make a good solo album.

The only solo Barlow track worth any time is 'Love Won't Wait' (cause Madonna wrote it)

The mums will buy this I expect.
    Give me peace love and a hard cock -Tori Amos
    The "Mimi" Years / The Flops...

I feel like he takes himself way too seriously to make good pop.
    Praise the Lord't.

Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
    His albums are extremely dull. Too worthy. There is no depth or colour or wit...which is why Robbie's material remains superior.
    Mark is a hundred times better than both of them (in terms of material, that is). By far the most honest and personal solo career. The fact that nobody gives his solo albums a chance makes me sad.

This solo project just feels so wrong. Some people just belong in a group and Gary is one of them. Forever Love remains excellent, though.

It can't be any more boring than his last effort. He really is the dullest man in pop.
    2013 - Year Of The Beyonce.

He has destroyed any illusion of personality he had thanks to this 3 years of middle-distance staring and head-shaking on X Factor. He should just give it up and write for other artists or do another Take That album.

Originally Posted by marie_05 View Post
    Mark is a hundred times better than both of them (in terms of material, that is). By far the most honest and personal solo career. The fact that nobody gives his solo albums a chance makes me sad.
    His material might well be great, but he has a singing voice like chalk on a blackboard, and for me that's a dealbreaker.

As for Gary - much better voice, but it's still a no from me.

I have never had such a pathalogical hatred of anyone as I do with him,even long before X factor.

He is so humorless and dull,takes himself oh so seriously,and clearly thinks he is up there with Lennon and mcartney in songwriting.

His alpha male smugness is vile,and does anyone else find the way he marches around with his security guard hilarious?

Also dont gert me started on that feeble little falsetto he tries,it sounds like a grandmas fart...

Hope it's not full of ballads.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

He's got a good voice, and with the right material this could be great.
    Born to run, get ahead of the rest.

It's odd, he has a good voice, great in Take That, can write great songs for people but when it's for his solo career he just can't to seem to make a decent hit/album.

Originally Posted by P'NutButter View Post
    The only solo Barlow track worth any time is 'Love Won't Wait' (cause Madonna wrote it)

The mums will buy this I expect.
    "Open Road" (the song) is quite good as well.

Has he saved the best stuff from himself I wonder?

Rumour has it he's doing the Children In Need single

Obligatory "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" comment.
    "Ardent Rihanna mud-slinger"

He's so dull, I'm sure this will sell well thanks to the mums though.
    "It's coming you little bitch" - Lana Del Rey

Wow this is going to be so dull.
    I wonder if he is going to include his duet with Agnetha on it. It is credited as "Agnetha Faltskog & Gary Barlow" on her album.

Originally Posted by LightYears View Post
    Hope it's not full of ballads.
    If it is, it means he hasn't learned a thing from his first experience as a solo artist.
    www.radiocremebrulee.com - An internet radio station featuring the best pop/rock music from today AND the last 3 decades!

He is a great songwriter and has a fantastic voice but his failure to reinvent his sound when he went solo is what killed him professionally until he reunited with Take That. In fact, in the documentary prior the reunion tour, he mentioned that his material was "more of the same" with a reference to Take That's material.
    www.radiocremebrulee.com - An internet radio station featuring the best pop/rock music from today AND the last 3 decades!

'Gary Barlow' sounds like a vampire name.