Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by The_47th_belmon View Post
    I think pretty much the opposite. I'm all for Gentleman getting some recognition. Don't let the charts fool you!
    Even if What About Us hit number 14 and Gentleman number 1 I would still not be keen on Gentleman. Yes it's a fun little song but I still think its quite bad.
    Britney - The Saturdays - Girls' Generation

Very nice list.

I really hope Disclosure takes it, or Duke Dumont. Both are really good songs and kind of unexpected.
    Last.fm | Discogs "I know my positions in this world and fucked ain't one, now can I get a AMEN!

Originally Posted by duckface View Post
    DNA is a tired rehash of Max Martin classics.

MKS and Girls Aloud were obligatory nominations, but they don't deserve it.
    They deserve it more than fucking Gentleman.
    Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm...
    So the sensible thing for me to do was to travel with Britney.

Originally Posted by Seanie View Post
    They deserve it more than fucking Gentleman.
    "Cos most guys just hit it then quit it and then they wonder why most girls just spit it" is clearly the Lyric Of The Year, though.

I can't imagine any situation in which Flatline won't win. If some brave soul tried to eject it from the competition I could see a lynching happening soon after.
    Sixty-nine is the only dinner for two.

Originally Posted by Alphableat View Post
    I can't imagine any situation in which Flatline won't win. If some brave soul tried to eject it from the competition I could see a lynching happening soon after.
    Exactly. Don't fuck with the originals.

Originally Posted by Alphableat View Post
    I would fly over, in the mood for some light-hearted scalping...

Originally Posted by duckface View Post
    "Cos most guys just hit it then quit it and then they wonder why most girls just spit it" is clearly the Lyric Of The Year, though.
    I hope one of the rounds this year requires the panel to eliminate the song with the weirdest lyric. This line could go head to head with "so miscellaneous"!

In a perfect world Cut Copy Me would win.

GA will win for the last time.
    "Heidi is one of the hardest working people I know" - Keisha Buchanan

Originally Posted by AllSixSugababes View Post
    GA will win for the last time.
    Oh you pessimist.

That is untill the next reunion but now its "officially" over
    "Heidi is one of the hardest working people I know" - Keisha Buchanan

All great songs bar Gentleman and I haven't heard Petula Clarke. Though I wish Right Place Right Time was in instead of Dear Darlin'.

'Gentleman' or 'Kiss You' for the win!

Great list - It should be between DNA and White Noise. Need U and Something New would also be amazing winners.

Also I've just listened to The Apple for the first time - what kind of brilliance?!?!
    Almighty: 1. Nicole Scherzinger 2. FKA Twigs 3. Ella Eyre 4. Becky Hill 5. Ella Henderson Twitter Instagram

Decent list. Poor old 'Imagine It Was Us' though.

Originally Posted by Keifer3194 View Post

Also I've just listened to The Apple for the first time - what kind of brilliance?!?!

#Samson&DelilahOniTunesNow
    Last.fm | Discogs "I know my positions in this world and fucked ain't one, now can I get a AMEN!

Originally Posted by Mushroom3 View Post
    Are people genuinely entertaining the notion of 'Dear Darlin' actually getting a nomination or is that a sick joke?
    HA!
    Almighty: 1. Nicole Scherzinger 2. FKA Twigs 3. Ella Eyre 4. Becky Hill 5. Ella Henderson Twitter Instagram

No Charli XCX, no Jessie Ware? Hmm…
    "I gave the doorman ecstasy."

Jessie Ware should definitely be on the list.

Something New or Gentleman to win! White Noise would also be acceptable, but I will despair if Flatline takes it (it will).
    One Saturday night...

"The Apple" or "Cut Copy Me" are clearly the best songs here so those are the one I'll be backing up.

"White Noise" or "Need U (100%)" are amazing and would be deserving winners too.

I know none of these will win, so I'd vote for either "Something New" or "Flatline" (though both are quite overrated, they are at least good, which you cannot say for some of the rest of the finalists).

Originally Posted by ry123 View Post
    I really don't understand how people can think flatline is good. Or wether they just like it because it is Origibabes. I also think Gentleman is one of The Saturdays worst songs. So maybe my tastes are just messed up. Out of that list DNA should win.
    I never really cared for the Origibabes myself but Flatline is a tune and a half.

Something New or DNA would be my choice. But I'd also be happy with Dear Darlin' (it will never happen though) or Kiss You.

It's a decent enough list though. I'd have liked Troublemaker on there as well as/instead of Dear Darlin' and I'd swap Gentleman with What About Us. And I'd have liked some Charli XCX/Neon Jungle on the list. No major complaints though. I think Flatline will probably win due to it's recent-ness (but I hope not).

I actually really like the shortlist. I'm probably the only person on team Candy though.