Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New album due for release in July 2013, thank god she decided not to quit music for me Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton are the 3 best singers of past 20 years, she is so unbelievably under-rated in this country

These article talks about her frustration at being a reality star and confirms the release. I love the title and it looks like she's back working with Babyface also
    http://www.tonibraxtonweb.org/2013/0...ning-to-music/

No i think she should stick to doing what really works for her, the big sultry heartbreak power ballad

invertedbutterfly
    (A) This is very exciting - I was disappointed when she suggested that she wouldn't be recording new music, so it's nice that's no longer the case (although that is quite a quick turn around - is this all a reality TV stunt?). (B) Yay for working with Babyface. Yes, please Ms. Braxton.

I LOVE Babyface, so I'm very excited about this. He's a brilliant singer/songwriter/producer.

what a shit album title
    It's = it is/it has. Its = its.

Like she was gonna retire! She needs a legitimate way to file for bankruptcy in the next year.
    On a scale from 1 to Laganja Estranja, how attacked do you feel?

I had forgotten about Get Loose. Such a shame that never got released, it is AMAZING. I liked Pulse, but a few of the leaked tracks deserved spots on the album. I'm surprised it didn't sell well off the back of Hands Tied (that song is ma jam).

Hands Tied is one of my favorite songs that's she's done. It's gorgeous.

Tragic how so many years on she's still chasing Mariah's trends. The Emancipation of Toto's Special Gemstone to the Second Power? Pfft.
    Praise the Lord't.

Originally Posted by AllStar7 View Post
    Hands Tied is one of my favorite songs that's she's done. It's gorgeous.
    This. Hands Tied and Make My Heart make Pulse worth it alone, aswell ass the heart wrenching Why Won't You Love Me.

I'm glad she will be releasing again, her voice is so unique.

Originally Posted by KhiaShamone View Post
    Tragic how so many years on she's still chasing Mariah's trends. The Emancipation of Toto's Special Gemstone to the Second Power? Pfft.
    Pulse was better than Memoirs Of A Flop Angel though....

Give me another "Yesterday", four years later and I still play it daily.
    i left my heart at the disco and now i'm crying on the metro.

Originally Posted by aboutyounow View Post
    Give me another "Yesterday", four years later and I still play it daily.
    I hear ya, it's such a good track. Definitely up there with the best Toni Braxton tracks in my opinion!

I love "Wardrobe" too - but Hands Tied was absolutely divine.
    On a scale from 1 to Laganja Estranja, how attacked do you feel?

Pulse was actually a pretty great record, leaded by strong singles and gorgeous imagery. Thing is, she is not 'hot' to radio stations or even AC pluggers, which is tragical with such quality material inside her hands. I also loved how, in 'Pulse', Tamar got even more prominent in the background vocals department - "Make my heart" and "Wardrobe" are almost all Miss Tamar. Plus, "No Way" got wasted as an album track, and that is one of my personal jams, I fucking love how the vocals blend together in the background and melt like ice cream.
    This is my life, my friend.

"Why won't you love me?" is a bullet barrage directed to the heart if played through a breakup, I must add.
    This is my life, my friend.

It's interesting how we sometimes criticize artists for not releasing the right songs, because it may have improved an album that was a flop. I can't fault Toni's single choices with Pulse though: Yesterday, Hands Tied and Make My Heart are all flawless.

I am so excited for this!! I thought she had quit so was so upset. But this will be great her last album was amazing. And I Heart You showed a lot of promise.

'Hands Tied' remains one of my favourite songs of all time. 'Yesterday' was sublime too - Pulse, in general, was completely underrated - even the tracks that didn't make the album ('Get Loose', 'I Hate Love') slayed entire discographies.

I'm excited for new music, but I'm assuming that a lot will be self-penned, because it's going to be difficult for her to get big-names to give her genuine hits now (sad, but true.) I choose to believe that title is a joke though, because it is legitimately one of the worst things I have ever read.

'Please' is very underrated too!

Toni Braxton is in a much stronger position now than she was when Pulse was released, her show in America has been very successful and she is a lot more prolific now. She needs to get album out while people are actually showing interest in her, this is probably her best shot since The Heat of having an album campaign thats picked up by mass media in America

You're right that she's got a bigger profile in the mainstream right now, but the fact that she can't really promote her music extensively is a major contributary factor to her maybe not being able to be as successful anymore. She said on her show, when she was talking to Babyface that the reason she didn't want to release another album is due to her not being able to take the rejection of her records failing anymore, and she can't do anything about it due to her health.

Hopefully Babyface will write her some good stuff, and she can do well on the R&B format. At the end of the day, she is probably the biggest selling solo R&B artist ever (or at least female R&B artist)

What happened? Was she sick of geting harassed by all those producers that wanted to work with her so just gave in?

I want another single/video like 'I Heart You'.