Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Oh my word, can't believe it! We all thought he'd retired and now all this appears...! What a joker. The single is out now.

Really like the single, he does sound a lot older and it's certainly a depressing song but I was hoping if he did ever come back with a new album it'd be a bit melancholy, dark, introspective, weird, old, allusions to dying... which I'm thinking we might get judging from the album tracklist and the cover. Certainly a different approach to The Rolling Stones who act like the 70s never ended and they're still kids.

First single's video Where Are We Now? http://www.davidbowie.com/vision?videopremiere=true

The Next Day tracklisting (out in March)

Standard

1. 'The Next Day'
    2. 'Dirty Boys'
    3. 'The Stars (Are Out Tonight)'
    4. 'Love Is Lost'
    5. 'Where Are We Now?'
    6. 'Valentine's Day'
    7. 'If You Can See Me'
    8. 'I'd Rather Be High'
    9. 'Boss of Me'
    10. 'Dancing Out In Space'
    11. 'How Does the Grass Grow?'
    12. '(You Will) Set the World On Fire'
    13. 'You Feel So Lonely You Could Die'
    14. 'Heat'

Deluxe edition bonus tracks:
    15. 'So She'
    16. 'I'll Take You There'
    17. 'Plan'
    Last edited by Mr Bombastic; January 08, 2013 at 20:37.

I really like this, it quite understated but still has a classic Bowie style.

I'm already loving it more than the majority of Reality which I thought was a really disappointing album. So glad he didn't retire on that!

I've been trying to get into him properly over the last few weeks and the only whole albums I've listened to so far are "Heroes" and Ziggy Stardust. A new album to look forward to is great news.

This is IMMENSE. Have listened to the single 3 times now, and it took a while but I'm loving it right now. Its already shooting up iTunes.

This is just how a comeback should be done. VERY impressed that this stayed under wraps and hoping PRAYINg for live dates, and - dare I say it - maybe even a Glasto headline????
    "Do You Like Cats?"

Wonderful.

Sublime vocals.

I think it'll be my first Bowie purchase since... Tonight's vinyl, back in 1984...

Absolutely fantastic - this is how pop music is done! I would pass out if he headlined Glasto.
    formerly known as mystikal_Love LastFM: http://www.last.fm/user/jaystarninety

This is how you make a comeback, brilliant.

GASP! We'd all assumed he'd retired!
    My pop blog is: http://xolondon.blogspot.com

Yikes, I never expected a new Bowie album would happen. 10 years (TEN!) since Reality.
    Eric's Generic World: http://ericsgenericworld.blogspot.com/

This is miraculous news. Mother has been dancing in her pantry to this, she's ever so excited.

He looks so sad in the video. The "walking the dead" lyric is really quite dark too, especially after his heart attack and other rumours of ill health. I think death and age are gonna play a big part in the album, a bit like what Pet Shop Boys did with Elysium. Really can't see him playing Glatonbury or touring, I remain he'll largely remain a recluse. Maybe he won't even do any interviews for it.

His disappearing act was actually a stroke of genius and could potentially give him more success commercially than he's had in a long time. Keep in mind the first single from Reality only reached 38 and the second one didn't chart at all, I could see this doing a lot better and bringing back a lot of his old fanbase through the sheer buzz but we'll see. How's it doing on iTunes? Whatever happens it's so fantastic we'll be getting all this new music!
    Last edited by Mr Bombastic; January 08, 2013 at 12:44.

Originally Posted by Mr Bombastic View Post
    His disappearing act was actually a stroke of genius and could potentially give him more success commercially than he's had in a long time. Keep in mind the first single from Reality only reached 38 and the second one didn't chart at all, I could see this doing a lot better and bringing back a lot of his old fanbase through the sheer buzz but we'll see. How's it doing on iTunes? Whatever happens it's so fantastic we'll be getting all this new music!
    The song is already no. 2 on UK iTunes, so I'm guessing the album will be really big.

Happy Birthday David, this song is divine.

Originally Posted by LTG View Post
    The song is already no. 2 on UK iTunes, so I'm guessing the album will be really big.
    Oh wow, amazing!! Could be one of his biggest hits in years then. I just looked on Wikipedia and if it manages to go top 10 it'll actually be his first since Jump They Say in 1992 which would be remarkable!
    Last edited by Mr Bombastic; January 08, 2013 at 13:11.

Wow this is shocking an exciting news! As for the single, I totally love it. His voice has evolved, and I too feel (and hope) this album will be reflective and melancholic.

Low is one of my all-time favourite albums. Outside is actually my second favourite of his - very under-rated.

Gorgeous!
    A little cynicism will do you good

I don't think a piece of music news has ever shocked me quite as much as this. Actually gasped when I saw this on the news this morning.

Can't wait for the album.

He often saves his best albums for years ending in 3.
    Eric's Generic World: http://ericsgenericworld.blogspot.com/

See Bowie's always someone I feel I should love, but have yet to find anything to really get in to. Intregued by this, like that its different so will give this a few listens and keep fingers crossed. Great also that something like this can come out of the blue.

B-sides: "What's My Name Again?" and "Which One's The Gas Pedal?"
    (not mine)
    Lithuanian cats are nothing to **** with

I'm not very impressed with the new single. He sounds great, but it's a bit more of the same. Extremely excited for the album though!

NUMBER 1 ON ITUNES!