Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Per MTV: "Catfish: The TV Show is an American reality-based docudrama television series airing on MTV about the truths and lies of online dating. A "catfish" is a person who creates fake profiles online and pretends to be someone they are not by using someone else's pictures and information. These "catfish" use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, usually with the intention of getting other people or a person to fall in love with them. MTV and the producers of the 2010 documentary film Catfish send Nev Schulman and his friend and filmmaker Max Joseph to help couples who have never met in real life. They want to know if the person they have had a relationship with and fallen in love with is the real deal or if they are a "catfish." "

Is anyone else enjoying this show? Only a few episodes into the first season and there have already been some classic reality tv moments (Mhissy!). The "reveal" of the Catfish is almost always interesting. I like that they delve into the reasons they lied.
    "i'm like, 'hello gays. i need to look like grace jones.' and :: snap snap snap :: they are ova here gettin yo girl TOGETHA!"

The film creeped me out. Though I'm going to watch this, cause it intrigues me.
    Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm...
    So the sensible thing for me to do was to travel with Britney.

I haven't seen the documentary but I have seen the first 4 eps and I have got to say, I have loved every minute....

And yes Mhissy!!! I am lost for words!
    Must Follow:<br />http://twitter.com/officialvignesh

I didn't like the film but I saw this advertised when I was in LA so have downloaded all the episodes so far.

I've loved it! I just knew that 'ten year' one was because he had become morbidly obese and yes, that Mhissy moment - she approached those cameras with the look and charisma of an established reality tv diva.

I must see this. Hated the film though as it was so obviously fake

I thought it was quite hilarious how quickly the girl in the first episode got over the fact that she'd been lied to for months.
    Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm...
    So the sensible thing for me to do was to travel with Britney.

Mhissy was so nasty hahaha.
    It was a funny scene when the reveal occurred.

I've watched a majority of the episodes aired in the US now and I'm fully aware it's an MTV reality TV show but it really is the most contrived show in the world, so very transparent. I've also pretty much guessed that they're going to be obese/gay man/gay woman/transexual within the first few minutes.

I enjoy the embarrassingly painful to watch reveal moments but I've become tired of google image searches, facebook messaging someone to get their number who is immediately available, the back door/front door to build up anticipation and the filler bits inbetween that have nothing to do with the show other than grasping onto the film's indie flavour.
    Keep everyone afraid and they'll consume.