Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    I see the logic in that but literally *nobody* knew this was out, so I highly doubt this would have registered on their radars without it being slid under their noses.
    Been there, done that, t-shirt didn't fit.

Matt Cardle's album is now officially holding up better than Glassheart.

$ucce$$.

Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I would if I was in the entertainment press.

A singer who once had a single that went to number one in every country known to man and an album that sold over 6 million copies, but now can't muster above a #200 chart placing with a second single in her home country?

Sounds like something to report on to me.
    And how would you explain the press picking up on Leon or Shayne? It's obvious that these articles are deliberately being pushed by Syco.

During the "Echo" era, when the album was struggling internationally, a couple of similar articles appeared but would magically disappear. Not the case this time.

There's always the fact that millions of people voted for these people to win possibly the biggest show in the UK, all of them probably gathering millions of votes. So not being able to translate those votes in sales is something quite interesting to pick up on actually.

And there's always the time old tradition of the press loving the downfall of any celebrity.
    I'm about to drown in the ocean.

Originally Posted by exposed View Post
    It's not because she is bossy and demanding, it's because she blatantly ignored a single that Syco picked for her. She didn't put any effort into this single because it wasn't her choice. I'm sure this caused a lot of friction behind the scenes.
    Why would she even care what they release? It's not like she had some kind of deep artistic involvment.

Originally Posted by The Art Installation View Post
    Why would she even care what they release? It's not like she had some kind of deep artistic involvment.
    What do you consider to be "deep artistic involvement"? She co-wrote on most of the album and artists always have their favorite songs. For all we know, maybe she didn't even want "Lovebrids" to be on the album and the label overruled her.

Cause they knew 'Lovebird' was going to be such a massive commercial hit?

Yup.
    I'm about to drown in the ocean.

When it leaked a while ago, wasn't it rumoured as the new single? I vaguely remember hearing it being played in some meeting, or something? I get the impression the label have had faith in this song for a while.
    Been there, done that, t-shirt didn't fit.

Originally Posted by exposed View Post
    What do you consider to be "deep artistic involvement"? She co-wrote on most of the album and artists always have their favorite songs. For all we know, maybe she didn't even want "Lovebrids" to be on the album and the label overruled her.
    Of course artists have favourite songs, but how do you know that Fireflies was not also chosen by the label at first and then they just changed their mind?

She did promote Lovebird.

Lewis first performed Lovebird at the switch on of the Christmas lights at Oxford Street in London on 5 November 2012. She then performed the song on UK breakfast show Daybreak on 23 November, on Loose Women on 29 November 2012,[21] and on Metro Radio Live on 30 November 2012. She also performed on the National Lottery Awards on 8 December 2012. On 12 December 2012, Lewis performed "Lovebird" live for the first time in continental Europe, performing on La Voz (the Spanish version of TV talent competition The Voice)
    http://www.mydeejay.com.cy <---- Music News and Gossip, updated daily

Oh we know that. And the performances were...shaky for a vocalist of her caliber.